Mini Quilt Swap

Monday, May 16, 2016

Way back in the fall (October I believe), I participated in the Schnitzel and Boo mini quilt swap.  I think I have done almost every round now except maybe one the summer we moved.  Anyway its a secret mini swap hosted by Kristi of Schnitzel and Boo on Instagram.  It's really a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.  My partner loved rational styled quilts out of traditional reproduction fabrics.  This was a fun and interesting challenge since I mostly work with modern type fabrics.  I found this fun layer cake from French General (the collection name is escaping me at the moment) and I used my Farmer's Wife Sampler book for the blocks.  The Farmer's wife blocks finish up at 6" so I chose 9 different blocks to make up the quilt.  Since the blocks are so busy I added some sashing with corner stones.  


Here I was just getting started,  You can tell it was October since I have my daughter's costume pattern out too ;)



This is what I chose to be my final layout. I did some machine quilting on it around the blocks and sashing and then a little bit of hand quilting to accent the blocks in a cream colored perle cotton.



One of the most fun part about swaps is choosing a few 'extras" to surprise your partner with!  Here is the mini along with some treats.




And a few final pics for fun :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment