Kids Clothes Week

Monday, June 20, 2016


Hi there!  I have been meaning to write this post up for a couple of weeks now so here we finally go.  This wasn't my first time participating in Kids Clothes Week but it has been a few seasons since I had.  If  you aren't familiar with KCW it's where you sign up to devote at least 1 hour per day during the challenge week to sew for your kiddos.  There is always a theme and you may or may not choose to follow it.  I usually don't and try to use that week to sew up a new seasonal wardrobe for my daughter.  This challenge I wanted to be a little more relaxed about things (not let my house get too awful messy lol).

The first thing that I made up was Simplicity 8101 .  Its the kids version of the Dottie Angel Frock.  This is view C.  I used all Cotton + Steel from the cat lady line.  The only changes I made were to not bind all of my inside seams with bias tape (I just thought that'd be too bulky).  I will note that the frock does run large.  This is a size 3 made for an almost 5 year old.  I would suggest if you make it to look more at the finished garment measurements than the size chart measurements (really I do this with any pattern and especially any from the 'big 4').  I made this for a friend's little girl for their family pictures.


This next one is the Rosemary Pinafore and slip by Violette Field Threads.  I used some long hoarded Heather Ross (Far Far away II) for the pinafore and a Robert Kaufman cotton lawn for the slip.  This is seriously cute on, the pictures don't do it justice.  My daughter absolutely loves it.  She even loves just wearing the slip by itself.


The last dress I made was the Persimmon Dress by Mousehouse Creations.  I used some even longer hoarded Heather Ross, Far Far Away double gauze.  I bought this before I was even pregnant with my daughter (she's 4.5 now).  For the middle I used a scrap of shot cotton I had and pre-made bias for the ties.  This dress came together so fast and is so cute!!  I will be making more for her for the summer!

Thanks!! Hope you have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment